Maintenance Is a Must For Your Furnace
Maintaining the furnace in your Texas home is essential for your comfort, your budget, and the longevity of your heating system.
A well-maintained furnace that runs at peak efficiency will keep you warm and toasty in your Round Rock home throughout the heating season. It will consume less energy than unmaintained and inefficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment. It will cost less to operate and likely will not break down when you need it most.
An annual inspection and tune-up by an HVAC professional can help keep your furnace in top condition. During a maintenance checkup, our team of experts at AiRCO Mechanical will examine and clean your heating system’s components and repair or replace any parts if necessary.
Our preventative maintenance plans include a 40-point checkup, lubrication of moving parts, and condensate line and trap cleaning, in addition to discounts, zero percent interest financing for repair and replacement, and other benefits.
We believe an annual tune-up is essential to ensure that your furnace operates reliably, safely, and efficiently, but it is not the only preventative measure you should consider.
Duct Cleaning, Repair
The ductwork in your Round Rock home is an integral part of your heating system. Like your furnace, air ducts require maintenance, including an annual inspection, occasional professional cleaning, and sealing, if needed, to repair cracks and holes.
A buildup of dust and debris in your ductwork can obstruct airflow to your furnace, causing it to work harder and less efficiently. At the same time, dirty air ducts can contribute to lower indoor air quality (IAQ) by serving as a conduit for dust and debris blown into your living space.
Leaky air ducts lead to energy loss, higher heating bills, and difficulty maintaining comfort in your home. According to ENERGY STAR®, leaky ducts can reduce heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as 20 percent.
Our expert technicians at AiRCO Mechanical can restore your comfort by sealing and cleaning your air ducts. We also replace, design, and install air ducts.
An HVAC technician inspects your furnace and its ducts once a year. You notice how well your heating system works every day. You are in a perfect position to provide a little TLC to your furnace throughout the heating season.
Consider these tips:
- Inspect and clean or replace your furnace filter when it is dirty. Generally, you should insert a new filter into your furnace every three months. A clean filter allows air to flow through your furnace and improves indoor air quality.
- Keep the area around your furnace clean and clear of storage boxes, bags, cleaning supplies, and other items.
- Carefully vacuum inside the furnace cabinet around the furnace blower to remove dust, pet hair, and other particulate matter. Be sure to switch your furnace off before you begin cleaning. Use a soft brush attachment on your vacuum or a hand-held brush to loosen the dirt.
- While the blower compartment is open, inspect the blower motor belt for cracks and fraying.
- Move furniture, drapes, pet beds, and other objects that block air duct vents. Remove vent grilles and vacuum inner and outer surfaces before replacing them.
- Your thermostat is the command center for your furnace. Remove the cover and check the connection for each wire coming from the wall.
- Listen to your furnace for unusual sounds and notice any abnormal odors that may signal a potential problem.
Make Preventative Maintenance a Priority
Let our experienced professionals at AiRCO Mechanical restore comfort in your Round Rock, TX, home with a thorough furnace tune-up and air duct cleaning. Call us at 512-537-1234 or request service online.