Why Not a Smart Thermostat?
Program a smart thermostat once, and you never have to adjust the temperature in your Texas home again. The innovative device will learn to do that for you.
Smart thermostats take heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) management to the next step in home technology. They offer the ultimate in convenience by adjusting the temperature in your home for you.
Keeping track of energy usage and home temperature settings while on the go has never been easier. With a Wi-Fi–enabled smart thermostat you can monitor or tweak the comfort level in your Round Rock home, no matter where you are.
AiRCO Heating & Air Conditioning can swap out your manual or basic programmable thermostat for a brainy version. We handle an array of Lenox products and can help you choose the smart thermostat that suits your lifestyle and your budget.
What Makes a Thermostat So Smart?
Smart thermostats go a step beyond programmable thermostats when it comes to choosing heating and cooling preferences.
A programmable thermostat allows you to schedule temperature adjustments at certain times of the day. For example, you can program the thermostat to turn the heat down at night and crank it back up in the morning.
A smart thermostat automatically adjusts the comfort level based on your temperature preferences, your schedule, and other patterns it learns. It “knows” to dial down the air conditioning when you leave your Round Rock home and to dial it back up when you return.
It also allows you to change temperature settings from your smartphone, tablet, or other web-enabled device. You download an app to connect the smart thermostat with your mobile device and gain access to system controls and energy data no matter where you are.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), you can save 10 percent a year on heating and cooling bills if you turn your thermostat back approximately 7°F to 10°F eight hours a day.
If you aren’t certain if a smart thermostat is right for you, give us a call at AiRCO Heating & Air Conditioning and ask for a consultation. Our HVAC professionals are knowledgeable about basic models, programmable units, Wi-Fi–enabled, and smart thermostats.
Bells, Whistles, and Energy Efficiency
Smart thermostats can do so much more than simply changing the temperature. Some models also offer these features:
- Control your thermostat with voice commands when it is paired with a device such as Amazon Echo.
- Get email alerts when your HVAC system needs repair or maintenance. Some smart thermostats even run diagnostics to identify the problem and they will let you know when it is time to change the furnace filter.
- Track energy use so you can identify periods of peak activity and wasteful consumption.
- Monitor outdoor air quality on some models that also automatically turn on the HVAC system’s fan when pollen levels are high.
- Get weather forecasts and the current outdoor temperature.
- Use location services on your cell phone to detect when you are in or out of your home, allowing the smart thermostat to adjust home temperature as needed.
Upgrade Your Thermostat Today